2011-06-12

A Pointer

I'd like to call your attention to this post over at The Big Picture. In typical Big Picture fashion, the post is comprehensive and well-documented. It is impossible for a "normal person" (average, every-day Joe) to really know how much of this is true, and how much is fringe extremism.

I guess you can only hear so many stories like this before they start to sink in. We know that the US government has done some slimy things in the past in the name of "protecting freedom." There are many well-documented cases that the US government has come clean on (always many decades after the fact, of course). This is what I call "Whore Culture," which is typically a label I apply to the behavior of society at large.

At any rate, it makes far more sense to my crazy brain to believe that the governments of the world pit us against each other than it does to assume that a bunch of bearded hermits over there (wherever there is on any given day) can blow us up, bankrupt our nation, and send us into a tailspin. No, in my weird world, only governments have that kind of power.

And only people have the power to stop them.

Off-Topic:
I am toying with the idea of updating my blog template. This one is nice, but boring, and can be difficult to read. I'll look into it a little more. Typically when I do this, I don't tend to find anything that I like better than this stiff template. I guess that's one reason why it's so popular.

But it feels too much like a textbook. If I had more money to spend, I'd pay the best web designer in the world to give me a make-over. Instead, I'm at the mercy of what I can do with HTML internet research, haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment